Boston CISO Inner Circle
September 14, 2022 | Hampshire House
September 14, 2022
Collaborate with your peers
Join Boston's top CISOs for an intimate networking dinner and facilitated discussion on key business challenges. Enjoy a relaxed evening of dinner and drinks with your peers to share best practices, make new connections and build professional relationships.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CISOs today:
Driving a Risk-Informed Organization
Navigating Emerging Risks and Threats
Boston CISO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CISOs, for CISOs.
Iron Mountain Inc
SVP, Chief Information Security Officer
Citizens Financial Group
Chief Security Officer
Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer
Global Head of Security and IT Risk Management
September 14, 2022
4:30pm - 5:30pm Executive Networking Reception
5:30pm - 6:45pm Discussion Topics
Enabling a Risk-Smart Culture
Regional Sales Director
VP, Enterprise IT Global Head of Security
VP & Sr. Director, Cybersecurity
Sr. Director, Cyber Security
Director of Information Security
Shawmut Design and Construction
Director of Information Security/CISO
Silicon Valley Bank
CISO, VP Technology Shared Services
Vice President, Information Security
Ascena Retail Group Inc
Medical Campus Information Security Officer
Boston University Medical Campus
Cyber Security Manager
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Most leaders realize the importance of a robust risk culture, yet the emphasis on risk awareness can reinforce the perception that the goal of risk culture is vigilance in pursuit of risk avoidance. Instead, a risk-smart culture keeps the focus on the pursuit of strategic objectives — framing risk consideration in terms of the impact of decision-making on the likelihood of achieving organizational goals.
Risk-informed decision-making is particularly critical for emerging risks. Because these are more abstract in nature, a direct link to defined business goals is necessary to drive proper action. Security and risk leaders must have a clear and consistent framework to candidly communicate risks across the business.
In this interactive conversation, CISOs will have the opportunity to discuss their role in leading the charge on capturing and communicating risk:
Topic 1: Driving a Risk-Informed Organization
- Who owns the risk strategy at your organization and who is involved in risk conversations? How have you built out risk management guidance at your organization?
- What are strategies you use to articulate and quantify risk for senior leadership?
- How would you describe the current risk culture at your organization? What is your goal state and what are the obstacles that you have to overcome to achieve that goal?
Topic 2: Navigating Emerging Risks and Threats
- How are you seeking out ways to solicit candid and frank feedback to uncover the areas where emerging risks might result in bigger repercussions?
- What are your strategies to tie risks back to strategic business goals?
- What is your framework for navigating new and emerging threats?
6:45pm - 7:15pm Networking Break
7:15pm - 8:30pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:30pm - 9:30pm Social Hour
Parking & Transportation
- The Boston Commons Garage is available for attendee parking.
- All guests will receive a special parking rate after 4pm. Please visit the registration desk to collect your voucher.
- Prepare for a 7 minute walk from the parking garage to the Hampshire House
Community Program Manager
For inquiries related to this community, please reach out to your dedicated contact.