Chicago CISO Inner Circle
August 9, 2018, The Mid-America Club
August 9, 2018
The Mid-America Club
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Chicago CISO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CISOs today:
Strategies for a risk-aligned, resilient organization
Developing and investing in the security workforce of tomorrow
Creating business value and supporting agile business operations
Chicago CISO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CISOs, for CISOs.
Walgreens Boots Alliance
Baxter International Inc.
VP & CISO
The Kraft Heinz Company
True Value Company
IT Security Program Manager
Sr. Director, Information Security and IT Compliance
August 9, 2018
4:00pm - 5:00pm Registration & Opening Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
CISO as Strategic Communicator
Director, Information Risk Management
FTD Group, Inc
Director of Information Security
Information Security Manager
Director, Cyber Security & Network Svs.
Eby-Brown Co. LLC
Vice President & Information Security Officer
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Director - IT Security & Compliance
Senior Manager, IT Enterprise Security
Being an effective CISO means being a skilled communicator, change agent, strategist and storyteller. It means making sure productive conversations around risk and security take place at every level – from the Board to individual contributors – and that each decision is backed with the right metrics. Whether it’s best practices for crisis communication or influencing the BOD, you’ll have the opportunity to share your approach with peers and unlock new ways to tell compelling, data-driven security stories.
Topic 1: Changing Communication
- What does the Board want to hear from CISOs? Metrics are important, but what should the message be?
- How do you tailor information and communication for different areas of the organization to tell a compelling story? How do you choose which KPIs/metrics to use?
- Cadence is critical – when do you share information, and how do you decide?
Topic 2: Better Information, Bigger Impact
- How are you measuring the effectiveness of employee-based communications, like phishing and security-awareness initiatives?
- What are your successes and challenges as you collaborate across the business to drive threat intelligence (real-time information gathering, following through on incident response plans)?
- What technologies are disrupting your workflow and/or organization? How are you talking about them with the Board and other stakeholders?
Topic 3: Trust and Alignment
- What’s helping you build trust between security and the greater organization?
- How is your team expected to respond to crises (ransomware, breaches, etc.)? How can we ensure the expectations of our teams align with the expectations of the business?
- What does it mean for you to be an effective influencer? Who should CISOs be influencing?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Chicago CISO Program Manager
For inquiries related to this event, please reach out to your dedicated program contact.