Charlotte CISO Inner Circle
March 14, 2019 | Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
March 14, 2019
Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Charlotte CISO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CISOs today:
Investing in your people and the right technologies
Innovating with advanced technologies and new delivery models
Influencing business stakeholders and enterprise outcomes
Charlotte CISO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CISOs, for CISOs.
CISO / Director, Global Cybersecurity
Extended Stay America
EVP & CIO
SVP & CIO
Compass Group USA
Dollar Tree Stores, Inc.
Former SVP & CIO
Compass Group USA
March 14, 2019
4:00pm - 5:00pm Executive Networking Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
Harnessing Disruption – AI, Machine Learning, and Next Generation Opportunities
In a few short years, machine learning has gone from theory to business truth, whether it’s on the factory floor, automating threat response or building smart chatbots. Meanwhile, meaningful artificial intelligence deployments are just taking flight, but almost 50 percent of CIOs plan to launch AI initiatives in the next few years. And more innovation is on the horizon – constantly offering opportunity, and with it, new risks. Join your CIO and CISO peers to hear and share how to respond to and plan for rapid changes in technology, from AI and quantum to blockchain and AR.
Strategic Planning and Collaboration
- How far out are your strategic plans, and how do you currently allocate for anticipated digital needs (talent, business units, infrastructure)?
- Where and how does security currently feature in your organizations’ digital strategy planning processes?
- Outside of technology, with what other role or function should you be collaborating the most to explore and implement capabilities like AI? What should the role of the CIO or CISO be in that process?
Identifying Opportunities for Innovation
- What criteria do you use to identify where and how to apply new technology (chatbots, blockchain, AI, VR/AR)? What questions are you getting from your Board around these capabilities?
- How are you applying/considering applying AI in the organization, internally and with external customers (to solve evolve security concerns, customer service experience)?
- How far are you into your implementations, and what's the biggest lesson you've learned so far from that deployment?
- How do you assess and ensure you have the necessary infrastructure in place to take advantage of emerging or edge tools?
Designing for Disruption
- How do you organize your product, technology, and security teams to around new technologies? Do you employ DevOps and agile approaches; what’s working?
- How are you navigating the impact of legal and regulatory mandates on digital initiatives?
- For what skills do you anticipate needing to hire, and how are you addressing that need?
- When there’s such a long horizon for innovation and few success cases, how do you make the business case now to stakeholders?
This dinner conversation is an interactive roundtable discussion designed to address the most pressing issues we face as C-level executives, in combination with an opportunity to network with our peers in a unique environment.
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Community Program Manager
For inquiries related to this community, please reach out to your dedicated contact.
Former Program Director