Boston CISO Inner Circle
March 12, 2019, Downtown Harvard Club of Boston
March 12, 2019
Downtown Harvard Club of Boston
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Boston CISO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CISOs today:
Strategies for a risk-aligned, resilient organization
Developing and investing in the security workforce of tomorrow
Creating business value and supporting agile business operations
Boston CISO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CISOs, for CISOs.
The Hanover Insurance Group
Vice President, Chief Security Officer
Tufts Medical Center
Global Product Security & Services Officer
Chief Security Officer
March 12, 2019
4:00pm - 5:00pm Executive Networking Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
Digital Transformation in a Security-Conscious World
Digital transformation is more than a buzzword. It’s the upswell calling all organizations to adapt in order to be continuously and competitively relevant. CISOs who aren’t in tune with their organization’s digital strategy and landscape place the business, its customers and partners at risk. While rapid changes in technology (cloud, IoT, applied AI) place the business at risk if it fails to embed security and the CISO into its digital planning. Join your peers to uncover ways to design security-first approaches that can scale – rather than sink – your digital journey, from operations and service delivery to product development and innovation.
Secure By Design?
- Where and how does security currently feature in your organizations’ digital strategy planning (roadmapping, hiring, product development)? Where should it come into the equation?
- What areas of your organization are being most impacted by digital initiatives?
- How are you defining digital transformation -- within security; in your organization? Your industry?
Organizing for Digital Transformation
- Do you employ DevSecOps processes? What’s working and how?
- Selecting a risk assessment process – how do you decide what fits your digital business needs? What frameworks do you use to evaluate digital opportunities?
- How are you navigating the impact of legal and regulatory mandates on digital business initiatives?
Investing in a Secure, Digital Future
- What new opportunities – and security measures – have your cloud transitions opened up?
- Where are you applying/looking to apply capabilities like AI and machine learning to solve evolving security concerns in future (adaptive authentication, insider threats, advanced attacks)?
- With whom in the business do you collaborate to explore and maximize new business opportunities (AI, quantum, blockchain)?
- How can CISOs plan and allocate for anticipated digital needs in 2 years? 5? (talent development, ensuring critical infrastructure in place)?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Boston CISO Program Manager
For inquiries related to this event, please reach out to your dedicated program contact.