Boston CISO Inner Circle
March 1, 2018, Boston Winery
March 1, 2018
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Boston CISO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CISOs today:
Strategies for a risk-aligned, resilient organization
Developing and investing in the security workforce of tomorrow
Creating business value and supporting agile business operations
Boston CISO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CISOs, for CISOs.
The Hanover Insurance Group
Tufts Medical Center
Global Product Security & Services Officer
Chief Security Officer
March 1, 2018
4:00pm - 5:00pm Executive Networking Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
Prioritization in the New Risk Landscape
VP, Enterprise Cyber Risk
Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
Director of Security Operations
University of Massachusetts Boston
VP, IT Infrastructure & Info Sec
UMass Memorial Medical Center
With demands coming from every angle, CISOs have to be strategic about resource allocation and where and how to invest in new technologies, approaches and tools.
How do you budget for a breach? Threat intelligence is part of the picture, but in this shifting regulatory environment, CISOs must choose how and what to safeguard across their portfolios.
Join this dinner conversation and explore practical ways to manage and prioritize your security investments – from developing future CISOs to ensuring new business initiatives are not left vulnerable. Hear how your peers navigate competing priorities and leave with fresh ideas for funneling your best resources in the right direction.
Discussion Topics: Prioritizing Innovation, Aligning on Risk
- How do you ensure that business and security priorities are in line with each other? What works, and where does this balancing act break down?
- What criteria do you consider when prioritizing and allocating security resources? What areas are creating the biggest challenge? What unique demands of your industry impact this process?
- Once you determine your priorities, how do you move from awareness to readiness to execution? How do you plan for multiple scenarios?
- How do you enable value beyond protecting assets? Who are you enabling value for – Customers? Employees? Vendors? The public?
- How do you get the business to see changing regulations, including GDPR, as a high priority responsibility of the entire C-suite, and not just the CISO, legal or privacy teams?
- What are you doing to identify and divest processes, initiatives and tools that are overly time- and resource-heavy?
- How should you best secure rapidly evolving innovation, such as the Internet of Things? What criteria do you use to choose where to focus investments in privacy and innovation?
- How can you push innovation within security and show wins when there’s such a long horizon for such innovations?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Boston CISO Program Manager
For inquiries related to this event, please reach out to your dedicated program contact.