Toronto CDO Inner Circle
April 17, 2019 | The Spoke Club
April 17, 2019
The Spoke Club
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Toronto CDO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CDOs today:
Adopting D&A strategies and operating models that deliver business value in volatile environments
Generating measurable economic benefits to the business from data assets and advanced analytics
Becoming a master change agent and driving data literacy across the enterprise
Toronto CDO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CDOs, for CDOs.
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
Director, Information Governance
RBC Capital Markets
Global Head of Data Management/Chief Data Officer
Vice President, Group Advanced Analytics
April 17, 2019
4:00pm - 5:00pm Executive Networking Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
The New CDO – Gatekeepers for Digital Transformation
While data governance, data quality, and regulatory drivers maintain to be critical areas of business for data and analytics leaders, the new CDO is one who extends beyond these foundational underpinnings of the office to spearhead data-driven organizations. With an increasing dependence on data and insights as enterprises move to a digital-first mindset, it is up to the CDO to create or modernize their data and analytics programs and embrace value creation over risk mitigation. In this dinner discussion, CDOs discuss how to effectively usher their organizations into a digital business environment through stronger data literacy, data integration, and advanced analytics campaigns.
Topic 1: Taking the Lead to Improve Data Literacy
- How are you helping people develop a new mindset that establishes a new culture and set of behaviors around data and analytics?
- What areas of your business derive the most value from analytic insight, and how are you tracking the outcomes and benefits?
- Have you established ethical guidelines for your program? Do themes like transparency, data protection, and analyst integrity figure in to your ethical code?
Topic 2: Aligning Your Data Harmony Strategy With Digital Business Demands
- How have digital initiatives impacted your data governance and data sharing strategies? In what ways have these strategies coalesced into a “data hub” strategy (i.e. a hub-and-spoke approach to data integration)?
- What are you doing with your data lake (i.e. data in one system but not necessarily harmonized)? How are you tackling privacy and security concerns for your data lake or data hub?
- What emerging technologies have you implemented to streamline data production and analytic insights?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Toronto CDO Program Manager
For inquiries related to this event, please reach out to your dedicated program contact.