Head of Data Management, Consumer Markets Division
Pacific Life Insurance
Manzoor is currently the assistant vice president, Head of Data Management for Consumer Markets Division at Pacific Life Insurance Company. He is responsible for Data Delivery, Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Governance, and Data Operations. He leads CMD’s data modernization efforts for unlocking the full potential of data assets, enabling business insights and data-driven decisions that drive innovation and support the strategic goals of the business.
Learn more about the Southern California CDAO community here.
Give us a brief overview of the path that led to your current role.
I have over 15 years of experience in leading digital transformations and large-scale data programs for Fortune 100 companies, such as Toyota, Honda, and AIG. I am a passionate technologist focused on creating data-driven value, delivering new capabilities through innovation, and achieving operational excellence.
What is one of your guiding leadership principles?
My guiding leadership principles are Lead with Heart, Deliver with Purpose & Passion, and Scale with Grace:
- Lead with heart: I like to approach leadership by way of showing empathy, building trust, and creating a positive work environment.
- Deliver with Purpose & Passion: I believe it’s important to have a clear and meaningful purpose of what we do and why we do it that focuses on greater value, and I strongly feel it must be delivered with passion.
- Scale with Grace: When it comes to growing and expanding, it is important to maintain the same level of integrity, empathy, and thoughtfulness as in your initial efforts.
With disruption being a key theme of recent years, where do you see the CDAO role going in the next 1-2 years?
Given the rapid advancement of AI, I envision delivering business value by accelerating and simplifying data accessibility for AI use cases and improving data governance through data literacy and data lineage.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out as a CDAO?
Firstly, understand the business and develop strategy in alignment with business. Secondly, being a data leader is like a captain of a ship; it’s a journey that will require you to face unexpected weather conditions; and finally, foster collaboration with the data community.
Tell us 3 fun facts about yourself.
- I started running about 7 years back, and now I consider myself an avid runner. I have completed several half marathons.
- I've a strong passion for watching Formula One Racing and would love to attend a live race someday.
- I enjoy traveling and one of the most memorable destinations was Banff, Canada. Every part of it is picturesque.
Evanta Governing Body members share their insights and leadership perspectives to shape the agendas and topics that address the top priorities impacting business leaders today.
by CDAOs, for CDAOs
Join the conversation with peers in your local CDAO community.