Denver CIO Inner Circle
December 11, 2018 | Space Gallery
December 11, 2018
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Denver CIO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CIOs today:
Investing in your people and the right technologies
Innovating with advanced technologies and new delivery models
Influencing business stakeholders and enterprise outcomes
Denver CIO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CIOs, for CIOs.
QEP Resources, Inc
VP & CIO
CIO, North America Gas
NCM America’s Movie Network
The Western Union Company
Catholic Health Initiatives
Dawn Roth Lindell
Western Area Power
SVP & CIO
December 11, 2018
4:00pm - 5:00pm Registration & Opening Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
Business Leadership Through Innovation and Strategic Change
Director & CIO
Arapahoe County Government
Denver Health Medical Center
VP and Division CIO Reverse Logistics
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Douglas County School District
As digital transformation rewrites business models, CIOs and CISOs must identify and create revenue-driving projects. Reimagine your leadership to increase the pace your department understands business needs and delivers value. By embracing strategic change and aligning more closely with the business, you can open the door to unparalleled opportunities. Discuss methods for laying the groundwork for a sustainable innovation culture, identifying and vetting opportunities, and integrating with overall business strategy.
Build a sustainable innovation process
- How do you design and scale innovation approaches and programs that will achieve business goals?
- What small-scale activities (think hackathon) or major corporate investments (like a lab or external partnership) has your company implemented?
- How do you create and execute a repeatable innovation process?
- How do you foster a culture of creativity to attract and retain employees?
Identify opportunities to profit from digital
- What planning or research have you conducted to identify digital opportunities?
- What tools or processes have you invested in to increase digital revenue?
- How do you identify emerging technologies for digital transformation and vet emerging technology vendors?
- What skills are needed from you or your hires to fully embrace digital?
- What common roadblocks are coming up as you manage digital project implementations?
Integrate business and IT strategies
- In your role, do you help identify parts of the business that could be transformed?
- How do you contribute to the development of an enterprise-wide strategy?
- Have you begun to align IT and OT? What have the benefits been (reduced costs, reduced risks, increased agility, etc.)?
- How have you embedded security into your IT and business processes to mitigate the security risk of digital technologies?
- How do you identify leading performance indicators for new digital implementations and communicate outputs to other stakeholders?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Community Program Manager
For inquiries related to this community, please reach out to your dedicated contact.