Houston CHRO Inner Circle
June 19, 2019 , Brenner's Steakhouse
June 19, 2019
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Houston CHRO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CHROs today:
Investing in your people and the right technologies
Innovating with advanced technologies and new delivery models
Influencing business stakeholders and enterprise outcomes
June 19, 2019
4:00pm - 5:00pm Executive Networking Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
The New HR Digital Leader
EVP and Chief Administrative Officer
Mears Group, Inc.
Academy Sports & Outdoors
VP, HR & Admin.
Fieldwood Energy LLC
Stewart Information Services Corporation
VP, Human Resources
SVP, HR & Communications
SGS North America Inc.
VP, People & Organization – Downstream and Chemicals
VP & CHRO
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
More than 80% of CEOs are focused on driving the digital transformation of their business. And with this transformation, so has the role of the CHRO. Attracting and retaining digital talent is not enough. For organizations to experience long-term success in the digital age, CHROs must fundamentally rethink their approach to the workforce and work — and strategically partner with their C-suite peers. In this dinner conversation, HR leaders will explore opportunities for their program and the business as enterprises adopt a digital mindset.
Topic 1: Building the Digital Organization
- What digital initiatives is your enterprise currently navigating? How has your organization adapted to embody the digital mission of the enterprise?
- What are 2-3 key areas in which you’re impacting the organizational environment and driving change (organization design, focused leadership diagnostics, targeted learning strategies, etc.)?
- Have you implemented a “digital-first” strategy? If so, how is this different than traditional change management? How is your strategy addressing workforce redesign and technology advancements?
Topic 2: Talent Strategy in the Era of Digitalization
- What is your core talent strategy for digitalization? Upskilling? Diversifying talent pools? Building a more autonomous workforce?
- In the midst of digital transformation, have you revisited your learning and development strategies and systems? How have digital initiatives impacted your approach to and application of L&D programs?
- How are you developing managers for the digital age?
Topic 3: The Role of Emerging Technologies in HR Leadership
- What emerging technologies have you implemented or plan to implement in the near future to automate or augment workforce capabilities?
- How have emerging technologies played into the gamification of key initiatives like recruitment or employee engagement in your HR program?
- Have you adopted a cloud-based Human Resource Management system or Human Capital Management system? What was your roadmap? Challenges? Successes?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour