As data and analytics leaders further define the vision and scope of their roles, they are shifting their priorities toward value-based initiatives that help drive the business forward. CDOs at the front of their field successfully measure the business value of their data and information assets, routinely experiment with emerging technologies such as AI and ML, and build opportunistic data and analytics teams. Join this dinner discussion to take the next step in becoming a business-centric CDO.
Topic 1: Establishing a Data Strategy Built for the Future
- What critical business problem(s) are you trying to solve with your data? How are you formally measuring business value from these data initiatives?
- How are you prioritising your information management efforts? What business-centric metrics have you identified and articulated for your information assets?
- How are you leveraging legacy data systems/tools to evolve your data strategy? What emerging digital trends and technologies are you using or want to experiment with and why (AI, ML, blockchain, etc.)?
Topic 2: Adopting a Strategic Orientation for Your Data and Analytics Teams
- How have you defined your enterprise’s data-driven ambitions? What changes have you made to your governance program to achieve these?
- How are you socialising the idea of data monetization (direct or indirect) with the business? How are you currently generating measurable economic benefits from your data and/or what do you plan to explore within the next two years?
- How have you cultivated and organised talent on your team to effectively deliver against key business objectives?