Southern California CDO Inner Circle
October 10, 2018 , City Club Los Angeles
October 10, 2018
City Club Los Angeles
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Southern California CDO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CDOs today:
Investing in your people and the right technologies
Innovating with advanced technologies and new delivery models
Influencing business stakeholders and enterprise outcomes
October 10, 2018
4:00pm - 5:00pm Registration & Opening Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
Leading Digital, Data and Analytics in the Enterprise
VP, BI & Analytics
SVP Corporate IT
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Executive - Data and Analytics and Emerging Technologies
Toyota Financial Services
AVP, CDO Entertainment Group Engagement
Chief Analytics Officer & EVP, Strategy
Omnicom Group Inc.
Sr. Director, Data Strategy and Analytics
NBC Universal, Inc.
Sr. Dir., Data Warehouse & BI
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
Director- Strategic Accounts
On the rapidly emerging main stage of data and analytics, the role of the CDO is one of the most challenging positions. CDOs have been evolving into data and analytics champions at a steady pace, with recent acceleration due to analytics programs maturing to include data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Today’s CDO is expected to not deliver on traditional needs, but respond to new and innovative opportunities. In this dinner, you’ll have a chance to talk with your CDO peers about how to put data to work and rethink the way AI and machine learning can change your business.
Topic 1 - Putting Data and Analytics Principles to Work
- Where are you on the descriptive, predictive, prescriptive analytics maturity continuum?
- How can you increase the value of data that’s already being created?
- What success and/or challenges have you had measuring ROI for a data analytics initiative?
- How do we help our organizations effectively use data? Specifically, how do we encourage business leaders to move from gut-based decisions to data-based decisions?
- Where does the analytics team fit into your organization? What is the optimal environment to ensure success for your analytics team?
After the first topic discussion, there will be a short break. Participants will then change tables for the second topic discussion.
Topic 2 - Getting Results With AI and Machine Learning
- When it comes to AI and machine learning, where are you in your development process?
- How are you applying emerging technologies to understand your customers?
- What tools, methodologies or infrastructures are you utilizing or looking at to keep your data in compliance and secure?
- How do we remove the fear factor surrounding artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies?
- What are you doing to attract and retain AI talent? What has worked?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Southern California CDO Program Manager
For inquiries related to this event, please reach out to your dedicated program manager.