Dallas CDO Inner Circle
April 12, 2018 , Tower Club Dallas
April 12, 2018
Tower Club Dallas
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Dallas CDO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CDOs today:
Investing in your people and the right technologies
Innovating with advanced technologies and new delivery models
Influencing business stakeholders and enterprise outcomes
April 12, 2018
4:00pm - 5:00pm Registration & Opening Reception
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
Leading Digital, Data and Analytics in the Enterprise
On the rapidly emerging main stage of data and analytics, the role of the CDO is one of the most challenging positions. CDOs have been evolving into data and analytics champions at a steady pace, with recent acceleration due to analytics programs maturing to include data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Today’s CDO is expected to not only deliver on traditional needs, but respond to new and innovative opportunities. In this dinner, you’ll have a chance to talk with your CDO peers about how to put data to work, build the optimal team and rethink the way AI and machine learning can change your business.
Putting Data and Analytics Principles to Work
- Where are you on the descriptive, predictive, prescriptive analytics maturity continuum? How are you taking the next step?
- In what ways are you monetizing data?
- What are ways to increase the value of data that’s already being created?
- How do you measure ROI for a data analytics initiative?
- How do your data/analytics initiatives align with a broader data/analytics strategy and/or company objectives?
Using AI and Machine Learning to Drive Results
- What considerations did you make when planning an architecture (infrastructure, applications, data, organizational) designed to help you achieve AI/ML capabilities?
- What data/analytics tools and methodologies are instrumental in your plans to leverage AI?
- What business functions do you/would you use natural language processing for in your business?
Putting the Right Talent and Managing the Teams to Achieve Success
- Are you focused on building, buying (using third parties), or a combination of data talent to achieve your data and analytics goals? What has been your experience to date?
- Which roles/project types did you determine work best using full time hires vs. contractor vs. consultants?
- What challenges have you had in acquiring the right talent?
- Where does the analytics team fit into the organization?
- How does moving from a traditional on-premise model to a cloud platform change the way you staff/recruit?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour
Dallas CDO Program Manager
For inquiries related to this event, please reach out to your dedicated program manager.