Organizations everywhere are facing uncertain and unpredictable times, as rising inflation, hard-to-find talent and global supply chain constraints make sustained growth extremely complex. HR leaders in particular are facing a delicate balancing act, weighing trade-offs between people and technology, cost savings and talent investments, and business requirements with employee needs, to name a few. Underlying it all, CHROs must also continue to excel in their most foundational role – cultivating a positive culture and employee experience to attract new talent and retain existing talent.
According to a study by Gartner, 60% of HR leaders are prioritizing leader and manager effectiveness in 2023 as the key to tackling the challenges. As the work environment evolves, so too must the leader-employee dynamic. Agility and flexibility is critical to sustained success.
Join your peers to discuss and debate new leadership imperatives for a new age of work.
Topic #1: Improving Retention by Meeting New Employee Expectations
- Employees today demand authenticity and empathy from their managers. How do you teach these skills to your leadership teams and how do you identify them in future leaders?
- 52% of employees say a flexible work environment plays a huge role in their decision to stay with their employer. In the past 12 months, what policies has your company put in place to increase flexibility for your employees? What impact have these policies made on your retention rates?
- What are the biggest challenges you face in making changes to meet new employee expectations? What is your plan to overcome them?
Topic #2: Managerial Effectiveness in Times of Constant Change
- How do you currently measure leader effectiveness, and how frequently do you collect employee feedback on the matter?
- How do you define human-centric leadership at your organization? Where would you rate your leadership bench today on a scale of 1-10?
- What is your approach to change management and how do you keep that approach consistent across the organization? What do you do well and what areas do you need to improve?