Houston CFO Inner Circle
November 28, 2018, La Table Houston
November 28, 2018
La Table Houston
Collaborate with your peers
Get together with your peers to tackle top business challenges through peer-driven content and discussions at the Houston CFO Inner Circle.
Join your peers to discuss the most critical issues impacting CFOs today:
Preparing and responding strategically under the threat of recession
Creating a data-centric organization
The seamless integration of digital capabilities and business operations
Houston CFO Governing Body
The Governing Body Co-Chairs shape the summit agenda, ensuring that all content is driven by CFOs, for CFOs.
Denise Castillo Rhodes
Texas Medical Center
EVP, CFO Finance & Administration
EVP & CFO
Omega Protein Corporation
Former EVP & CFO
Texas United Management Corporation
VP & CFO
Just Energy Group Inc.
November 28, 2018
4:00pm - 5:00pm Registration & Opening Reception
5:00pm - 5:30pm Breakout Session
Hosted by Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Director, Strategic Risk Management Solutions
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
As a forward-thinking CFO preparing for the future of your organization, it helps to have as much information as possible – especially during times of uncertainty. Tax reform, policy volatility and other economic factors could have a profound impact on your approach to everything from risk management to capital structuring. In this informative primer, Hector Lugo shares the trends that will shape the next chapter of enterprise strategy.
5:00pm - 6:30pm Discussion Topics
Leading Into the Future – The Evolving CFO
Financial leaders face endless challenges to sustained growth and success. Disruptive technologies, a tightening labor market, and an uncertain regulatory landscape amplify risk and create a heavier strategic burden than ever before. To mitigate these risks and navigate a complicated growth environment, CFOs must effectively leverage technology, forge a strong culture, and build stronger teams and partnerships in and out of finance. During this dinner conversation, CFOs will share successes and failures that have had the greatest impact on their organizations and professional growth and examine their evolving role at a time of accelerating change.
Topic 1: Creating Strategy in Times of Change – Regulatory Uncertainty, Emerging Technology & Disruption
- Given the potential unpredictability of the current policy and regulatory environments, how are you building agility into your 1-2 year strategy? How do you most effectively communicate this strategic flexibility to stakeholders, senior leadership and the board?
- How have GDPR regulation and general consumer privacy concerns impacted your approach to data management? Risk management?
- Given the rate of technological/digital change, how do you build a durable, effective technology roadmap for the future?
- What measures are you taking to properly evaluate newer technologies in the absence of proven case studies? What technologies/tools pose the biggest disruption/threat to your industry?
- What is the CFOs role in creating a culture of innovation? How do you best prepare your organization for the constant change that technological adaptation requires?
Topic 2: Building and Developing Tomorrow’s Workforce
- As the competitive landscape continuously evolves, what are the greatest changes you’ve encountered regarding your organization’s talent needs? What are the most coveted new skills your organizations require?
- How have the shifting expectations of the next-generation workforce impacted your approach to compensation, engagement and career development? What have you seen as key differentiators for talent attraction in this competitive marketplace?
- What measures are you taking to retrain your existing talent and align them with new, necessary skills?
6:30pm - 7:00pm Networking Break
7:00pm - 8:00pm Summary Discussion & Dinner
8:00pm - 9:00pm Social Hour