The Dallas Regional Chamber is dedicated to serving the business needs of its members through public policy advocacy efforts, economic development initiatives and through many member services. For more than a hundred years, the support and commitment of Chamber members has united the business community and built the region's prosperity. As the region's premier business and leadership group, the Dallas Regional Chamber, with nearly 3,000 members, is the largest volunteer business organization in the Dallas region. Through economic development activities the Chamber helps business leaders, both in the United States and internationally, recognize our region as an attractive place to locate and expand their companies.
SMU's Cox School of Business offers a full range of business education programs, including BBA, full-time MBA, Professional MBA (PMBA), Executive MBA (EMBA) and Master of Science in Management (MSM). Cox Executive Education offers professional development programs, custom education solutions, and leadership development services. The Cox school provides unique resources for students, ranging from its Business Leadership Center (BLC) to the American Airlines Global Leadership Program and the Associate Board Executive Mentoring Program. Centers of Excellence include the Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship, Maguire Energy Institute, JCPenney Center for Retail Excellence, O'Neil Center for Global Markets and Freedom, KPMG Institute for Corporate Governance, as well as the Center for Land Use and Real Estate Economics and the Alternative Asset Management Center. The Cox international alumni network maintains chapters in more than 20 countries. SMU Cox is ranked among the top business schools nationally and internationally by major publications, including BusinessWeek, The Economist, Financial Times, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal and U.S. News & World Report.
SMU Cox Executive Education is a premiere resource for advanced leadership and business training.
- Available programs in a broad array of business disciplines enable rising and talented leaders to have an immediate and lasting impact on their companies and careers.
- Customized educational solutions to current business problems are acclaimed by clients for their immediate applicability, energy and purpose, innovation and creativity, and accessible faculty. In 2008 and 2009 Cox received national awards for Excellence in Academic Partnership from Chief Learning Officer magazine.
- Based on a thirty-year heritage of high quality management education for the oil and gas industry, API University, the training programs offered by the American Petroleum Institute, selected Cox programs as part of its continuing education curriculum for oil and gas professionals.
- Available assessments, coaching and other professional services accelerate and support executive development and succession planning initiatives.
- The state-of-the art James M. Collins Executive Education Center provides an elegant learning and gathering environment.