In an effort to boost healthy productive employee engagement, as well as, reduce health care costs the City of Houston has shaken up their wellness program with its implementation of an initiative called, “Discovery Health”. The organization has redesigned their approach to wellness to encompass an employee centric model of health engagement. With the support and guidance of a committed leadership team, The City of Houston has developed a clear strategy focused on promoting active living, healthy eating, stress regulation, and tobacco cessation. In this session, Omar Reid shares how The City of Houston is energizing their employees while reducing their healthcare costs over the long run.
Session discovery topics
• Commitment - The importance of senior leadership support
• Incentives - Engagement surcharges and the effects on response rates
• Marketing - Program branding and communication strategy
• Analysis — The collection and utilization of key data elements to drive the health and productivity program plan
• Teamwork - Cultivation of partnerships internally and externally to sustain program efforts