SMU's Cox School of Business offers a full range of business education programs, including BBA, full-time MBA, Professional MBA (PMBA), Executive MBA (EMBA) and Master of Science in Management (MSM). SMU Cox is one of only three schools whose full time, professional, and executive MBAs are all ranked in the top 15 by Bloomberg Businessweek.
SMU Cox Executive Education offers professional development programs, custom education solutions, and leadership development services. In 2010, for the third consecutive year, SMU Cox received a national award for Excellence in Academic Partnership from Chief Learning Officer magazine.
As a premiere resource for advanced leadership and business training, SMU Cox Executive Education offers:
- Programs in a broad array of business disciplines that enable rising and talented leaders to have an immediate and lasting impact on their companies and careers.
- Customized educational solutions that are acclaimed for their immediate applicability, energy and purpose, innovation and creativity, and accessible faculty.
- A thirty-year heritage of high quality management education for the oil and gas industry, recognized by API University, the training programs offered by the American Petroleum Institute, that selected Cox programs as part of its continuing education curriculum for oil and gas professionals.
- Available assessments, coaching and other professional services to accelerate and support executive development and succession planning initiatives.
- The state-of-the art James M. Collins Executive Education Center, an elegant learning and gathering environment.
The Cox school provides unique resources for students, ranging from its Business Leadership Center (BLC) to the American Airlines Global Leadership Program and the Associate Board Executive Mentoring Program. Centers of Excellence include the Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship, Maguire Energy Institute, JCPenney Center for Retail Excellence, O'Neil Center for Global Markets and Freedom, KPMG Institute for Corporate Governance, as well as the Center for Land Use and Real Estate Economics and the EnCap Investments and LCM Group Alternative Asset Management Center. The Cox international alumni network maintains chapters in more than 20 countries. SMU Cox is ranked among the top business schools nationally and internationally by major publications, including The Economist, Financial Times, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal and U.S. News & World Report.